Kia ora e te whanau
Two weeks into lockdown at Level 4 and I just want to share some key messages with you in regard to what is happening for you and your whanau particularly in relation to education.
- We are still in stage four lockdown for at least two weeks. This is due to end on 22 April
- We have no clear indication at this point as to whether that means we will be back at school soon after that announcement, however that is unlikely.
- Term 2 schooling, at this point in your own home, starts on Wednesday 15 April.
- A dedicated TV channel, with educational content, will begin screening from 15 April. This will have content for all levels of education. We have not been given a programming schedule as yet.
- The Ministry is expecting to deliver devices into households starting on 15 April. There is a shortage of devices so you may not receive one.
- The Ministry is expecting to deliver hard packs of activities to homes beginning on 15 April.
- There will be a specific programme from your child’s teacher from 15 April if you have engaged with them and supplied details of how they can connect with you and your child.
All staff, including myself, are available to answer any questions that you may have in relation to getting back to “normal”. We are very much under the directions and guidance given to us by the Ministry’s of Health and Education.
You can be assured that we will have taken all necessary precautions, including thorough cleaning, to ensure that your child will be safe on their eventual return to school.
Take care, stay safe in your bubble!
Have a few more days relaxing and then back to doing some school work on Wednesday