I am Ali and I am teaching in Pod 2 this year. This term our class has been working lots with Pod 3 in our exploration of the human body. We have been learning about our bones, organs, muscles, brain, senses, and emotions.
When we talked about emotions, we looked at appropriate ways we can respond when we are feeling; sad, scared, or angry. We also practised noticing emotions in our friends, and explored how we can help them to feel better when they are sad, scared, or angry.
Next week we will be learning about nutrition and how healthy food provides our body with the energy we need to spend our days learning and playing.
Stay tuned for more updates on our learnings in writing and maths.
Latest posts from Ali
- Pod 4: Weeks 1 and 2 (10/30/2017)
- Swimming Time! (10/19/2017)
- Artsplash 2017 (9/27/2017)
- Pod 4: Designing a Habitat (9/15/2017)
- Chess, chess and more chess (9/8/2017)
- Creatures in the Garden – Pod 4 (9/6/2017)
- Pod 4: Exploring Movement with SportStart (8/29/2017)
- Celebrating Matariki! (6/30/2017)
- Kia ora, Talofa, Welcome (6/7/2017)
- Junior School: Home-School Books (5/23/2017)