To finish of our work on ANZAC, we made some yummy ANZAC biscuits!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 250 g butter
- 4 tbs golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbs boiling water
- Turn oven to 160°C. Lightly grease oven trays.
- Place oats, flour, coconut, sugar in big mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and golden syrup in saucepan. Take off heat.
- Mix baking soda and boiling water in a cup. Add to melted butter mixture in the pan. Quickly add to big mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls. Place on trays 5cm apart. Press lightly with fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes.