WELCOME TO ROOM 8
WOW, what a busy and exciting first term in Room 8!
First, I want to thank you all for the wonderful, warm welcome to Avalon School. I have been made very welcome and am enjoying getting to know you all.
In Term 1 we developed our research skills, was introduced to inference, wrote character descriptions (full of figurative language) and improved our addition and subtraction knowledge.
Term 2 has flown by!
In Term 2 we wrote some amazing letters based around out ANZAC topic, we went on a wonderful trip to Te Papa and create some very meaningful artwork. Not only this, we looked into myths and legends from around the world.
What’s happening in Term 3?
In writing we will: focus on descriptive texts – using adjectives, adverbs and figurative language. Later in the term we will be look at report writing, based around our Topic about native birds and trees.
In maths we will: continue working on our addition and subtraction facts, develop our multiplication methods and solve word problems. We will also focus on our times tables as they will support our multiplication and division skills.
In reading we will: focusing on making inference (reading between the lines!), looking at letter sounds to support the flow of our reading and using/developing our library skills. Learning the raw letter sounds, so we can segment and blend unfamiliar words.
What is SportStart? Developed at Sport Canterbury, SportStart is a resource and professional development package for schools and sports clubs. SportStart aims to improve young people’s physical literacy. This philosophy is based on developing fundamental movement and sport skills in tandem with critical thinking and communication skills.
If you have any worries or concerns (or just want a chat), catch me before or after school, alternatively email me: email@example.com
It will be another great term!
- Students vs Teachers Soccer photos (9/27/2018)
- Role Model Assembly (9/26/2018)
- Senior Soccer Comp (9/14/2018)
- Room 8 Raranga Matihiko | Weaving Digital Technologies programme with Te Papa (9/13/2018)
- SportStart – Gymnastics (9/4/2018)
- PALs run SportStart activity (9/4/2018)
- PALs (8/22/2018)
- Wellington Regional Chess Tournament (8/21/2018)
- moveMprove (8/7/2018)
- Outdoor artwork! (8/7/2018)
- SportStart Room 8 and 10 (8/7/2018)
- Basketball Sessions Term 2 (8/7/2018)
- Term 2 Room 8 Avalon T-shirt (8/7/2018)
- Pods 4-5 and Room 8 Sport Start (6/14/2018)
- Sport Interviews in Room 8 (6/6/2018)