Greetings, Kia ora, Talofa, Bula, Namaste, Ni Hau, Marhaba, Chao ..
We have had a very busy and exciting start to 2018! After a few weeks of settling in, we thought it would be a good time to share some of what will be happening during term one.
How the Junior Pods are working this year:
The Junior Pods are made up of all the children in years 1 – 3. At present we are working in 2 teams:
Yvonne, Ali and Nadene – Years 1 and 2
Sarah, Karly, Rebecca and Gabrielle – Years 2 and 3
We are aiming to build on the collaborative teaching practices we have implemented over the last 2 years. The children are grouped into pods for topic, literacy and maths so they work with different teachers throughout the day. This allows us to group according to needs, both academic and social. Their home base teacher is their topic teacher, who they see in the morning and at the end of the day. If you need to make contact this is the best teacher to see.
Latest posts from Gabrielle
- Pods 4-6: Making River Valley Models (11/7/2018)
- Role Model Assembly (9/26/2018)
- Pod 6: Our playground games using recycled materials! (9/13/2018)
- Pod 4-6 Tunnel Challenge! (9/5/2018)
- Should we ban plastic bags? (9/5/2018)
- Pods 4-6: Technology – Making our game prototypes (8/28/2018)
- Gymnastics with pods 4 & 5 (8/24/2018)
- Wellington Regional Chess Tournament (8/21/2018)
- Junior Pods: The Build and Play Trailer is HERE! (7/26/2018)
- Junior Pods: Build and Play Trailer is coming! (7/20/2018)
- Junior Pods: We need! (7/20/2018)
- REMINDER Junior Pods: Zoo Safari Arts Family/Whanau Sharing Evening! (7/2/2018)
- Junior Pods: Zoo Safari Arts Family/Whanau Sharing Evening! (6/26/2018)
- Junior School – Basketball at Walter Nash (6/17/2018)
- Pods 4-6 create mosaics (6/15/2018)