What an exciting time we are having in Pod 4 with 3 new students to the school and 3 new students from Pod 3. We welcome all the new children with open arms and look forward to growing our little Pod 4 family in care and kindness for one another.
Every day is filled with many moments of laughter, joy and the occasional bump in the road which helps us learn together. It is such a joy to watch how much your children have grown in the last 6 months. They are absorbing information in a meaningful way and loving the Tōmene-Exploration times to express their natural interests in learning areas within the curriculum.
In term 3 we are playing basketball on Fridays with some pod singing and collaborative work in writing times during the week. Please come have a look from Monday next week at the stories that they wrote in teams about “How the dog turned green” and other pieces of your children’s creative and academic works.
I look forward to a term filed with new adventures and treasured memories. Please feel free to pop in if you have any questions. Bring on term 3 and some warmer weather!
Latest posts from Melissa’s Pod:
- Storypark in the Junior Pods (9/6/2019)
- Lost Property (8/8/2019)
- Independent Reading Room in Pods 3-5 (8/1/2019)
- Avalon Primary children are precious gems (8/1/2019)
- Term 3 is here! (8/1/2019)
- Pod 3 Maths – The Line of Symmetry (6/12/2019)
- Junior Pods: Tōmene-Explore Time! (5/16/2019)
- Junior Electives: Plan and Make wk 6 (3/14/2019)
- Junior Electives: Plan and Make wk 5 (3/14/2019)
- Reminder: Moving March 8:15am Friday! (3/14/2019)
- All about ME – Topic sharing time (3/7/2019)
- Fun with the build and play trailer in Pod 4 (3/7/2019)
- Clay Play Learning – Art Elective (3/4/2019)
- 2019 Capital E National Arts Festival (3/4/2019)
- Junior Pods: Build and Play Trailer! (3/4/2019)